E-Station Privacy Statement
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT CAREFULLY. YOU ARE REQUESTED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
IF YOU NO LONGER AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, YOU MUST DELETE YOUR CHARGE STAR GENIE ACCOUNT.
- Collection of personal information by E-Station.
- E-Station Pty Ltd (ABN 52141206840 ) (referred to as “E-Station” or “we” or “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with Australia’s privacy laws under the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth)(“the Act”). This Privacy Statement sets out E-Station’s approach to handling personal information and includes information on how we collect, use, disclose and keep secure your personal information. It also explains how you can access and correct any personal information we hold about you.
- We may from time to time, review and update this Privacy Statement and all personal information collected and held by us will be governed by the most recently updated Privacy Statement.
- E-Station is in the business of, among other things, collecting, on behalf of providers (the Provider) of charging stations for electric vehicles, fees charged to users by such providers for access to their charging stations. By entering into the Account Agreement (“Agreement”) with E-Station, you may purchase one or more radio frequency identification card(s) known as “ChargeStar Genie RFID cards” that will permit you to access those charging stations on the E-Station Charge Star Genie network that you have been authorised to use by the Provider. This Privacy Statement accompanies and is part of each Charge Star Genie Account Application. By submitting a Charge Star Genie Account Application, you (the User) acknowledge and consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We collect different kinds of information about our users and customers through the Website and the Service, and use this information in different ways.
- Personally Identifiable Information If you sign up for the Service, use the Service, or send us email or some other communication, we may retain those communications (and any personally identifiable information about you in them) in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Website and Service. In registering for the Service, we require personal information such as name, title, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card or other means of payment, etc.). When using the Service, you may be asked for additional information to help identify you. The information used to specifically identify you will be referred to as “User Information” in this document. We normally collect User Information directly from you unless you have given us permission to collect it from someone else. In some instances we may collect information about you indirectly where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect it directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances beforehand or as soon as reasonably practicable after we have collected the information.
- When you use our Service, we collect certain demographic information (such as your Charge Star Genie charging station location and charging duration) in order to understand usage patterns and to improve your experience using our Service.
- We require some User Information in order to process the application, to provide the Service to the customer and users and to otherwise communicate with you as a customer or user regarding the Service. We will send you certain communications relating to your use of the Service, such as service announcements, notices about new features or information on the Service, administrative messages and communications regarding your account. User Information facilitates our internal business operations and allows us to fulfil our legal obligations.
- Incomplete or inaccurate User Information may affect service delivery.
- Aggregated Information. We may also analyse and compile information on patterns of usage of the Service. This information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually. We may use this information to improve the Service and provide this information to our third parties for analysis purposes.
- Children’s Privacy. The Website and the Service are intended for adult users, and we do not knowingly collect User Information from anyone under 13 years of age.
- In the event that E-Station obtains User Information not received from the User directly, E-Station will take reasonable steps to notify the User or make them aware of the collection and the purpose for which the User Information is collected, used or disclosed.
- The User can access and update their own User Information via their account on Charge Star Genie.
- Use of Personal Information.
User Information may be used in the following ways:
- From time to time E-Station may send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies to Users. This information is important to your interaction with E-Station. You may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- User Information may be used for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve E-Station’s products, services, and customer communications.
- How we store information.
- E-Station uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that any User Information collected is held securely. In addition, only authorised personnel have access to User Information. Such personal have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information and are required to comply with this Statement
- In the event that E-Station no longer requires the User Information for the purpose for which it was used or disclosed and is not required by law to retain the User Information, E-Station will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
- Disclosure of Information to third parties.
- Except as described in this Privacy Statement E-Station will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent or unless authorised or required by law, in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (as amended).
- We may de-identify and aggregate the personal information of you and others for our own statistical purposes. Provided that it remains permanently de-identified, we may disclose that aggregated information to third parties or publish it for marketing or research purposes.
- Personal information collected by E-Station may be disclosed to third parties to whom E-Station contracts out specialised functions such as information technology.
- Personal information collected by E-Station may be disclosed to RACWA Holdings Pty Ltd for the purposes of analysis, marketing, research and communications to ensure continuity of service.